Saturday, May 01, 2004

Small Miracles and Weird Movies

A few days ago I wore the sapphire earrings Hiroshi bought for me when we went to Thailand last August. At the end of the day, one of my ears felt funny and I reached up and one of the earrings was hanging half out of my ear. Thank heavens I actually got it before it fell out, but the back was gone. As any woman knows, this means the back is gone forever and I need to get a replacement back - preferably in gold because the earrings are gold.

Anyway, I'm standing around gabbing at work leaning across a counter and low and behold there is an earring backing laying on the counter. Go figure. And it is gold. I think, this can't possibly be mine, but who knows, maybe I'll be lucky. So I drop it in my wallet and bring it home. Well, how's this for lucky - it *is* my earring backing! I can't believe it. I'm sure it didn't fall off on that counter. Some nice person found it on the floor and put it there. Lucky me!

So that is my good luck story. Today I hung out at work and gabbed with my colleagues because my student cancelled five minutes before class started. Now why he couldn't call me 30 minutes before, when I hadn't left home yet, I don't know. Oh well . But it was nice to socialize and I ended up going out for a beer with three of the people I work with. We also planned a tabe-hodai (all you can eat) dim sum lunch for Tuesday. So that will be nice.

Tonight I went to see a movie with Hiroshi. I wanted to go to Outback - I had a craving for a baked potato - but by the time we got going and over to Shinagawa it was 30 minutes before the show. So we just got some movie snacks. We went to see Kill Bill Vol. 2. Actually, I liked the first one better. The fight scenes were super cool. This one just had a gross factor. The eye ball scene is horrible - and I won't say anything else for those of you who haven't seen it yet. Anyway, Quentin, I'm disappointed. So for anyone thinking of seeing it, I recommend just waiting for the video.