Sunday, May 30, 2004

I caved to the a/c

Today was another hot day. Hiroshi and I did lots of running around this afternoon. There was a nice breeze so it was nice outside and I even got a bit of sun. My freckles are making their yearly summer appearance.

We came back to the sweltering apartment though and the fans just didn't cut it. So I cranked up the a/c and I was in heaven! Oh how I love a/c! It felt so nice to just relax and stretch out on the bed and not sweat to death. This makes me a much happier person too. I guess this means it is going to be on for the rest of the summer.

It was really nice to have two lazy days off. I feel like I actually had some down time, and I'm ready to get back to work tomorrow. I definitely need the two days off. Tomorrow is pay day so I have to pay rent and the bills. My jaw dropped when my visa bill came in last week - how the heck did I charge that much money! I'm used to knowing exactly what the balance is. Now that I'm on my 'pay it in full at the end of the month' thing, I wasn't really paying attention. I forgot that I had used it quite a bit during Golden Week. So that means not so much money can go into the RTW savings this month. Oh well. I do have two months base salary put away now so I'm quite pleased about that.

Oh, and the good news. I finally got notice that my spousal visa has been processed. It only took a bit over two months. Geesh. So I have to set aside a morning to go and pick that up. I'm glad it finally got here - I wasn't looking forward to spending an hour on hold trying to contact Immigration to figure out what was going on. I was also starting to think that maybe they weren't going to process it! Hiroshi says I shouldn't be happy until I have the visa stuck in my passport - but he is still holding on to negative thoughts about the whole horrid application experience. I'm just glad I'm not an illegal alien.

No comments: