Saturday, May 29, 2004

Lazy Flip Flop Day

Today I slept in until about 9 and then got up and surfed the net for an hour... and then went back to bed for a nap. Got up again at noon, surfed the net some more and then had another nap LOL By the time we got going today it was 5:00.

We were all hot and sweaty when we got up because the weather is in the high 20s now... and we haven't turned the air conditioning on yet. So we hopped in the shower and I put on my Lush Power Mask. Not only does it make your skin soft, but it cools you down too! Gotta love peppermint. This is a great product for those of you who shop at Lush.

Then we went to the bakery for a coffee and a little treat before heading off to the show. Since it was so hot, we just put on pants, a t-shirt and our flip flops! Whehoo, it is flip flop time again! I missed my flip flops. They are just so fun to scuff along in. Not only do my feet stay cool, but I also get to remember being on the beach with them. Now you might think this fashion statement is a bit weird, but lots of people walk around Tokyo with flip flops or thongs (the shoes not the undergarment!). Great summer wear, especially during rainy season. Now if only they made flip flops suitable for business wear!

We went to see School of Rock. What a nice, fun movie. We both really enjoyed it. It was quite funny and a nice non-serious movie. We had to pay full price (we've seen all the movies that are showing at the cheap time) but I don't mind paying for a decent show. Hiroshi is now enamoured with the "read between the lines" gesture (hold your middle three fingers up, palm facing inward) and has only done it about twenty five times in the past hour. I suppose this is better than him spinning around on the floor playing air guitar.

The latest on the RTW - I told Hiroshi about WWOOF'ing today. WWOOF stands for Willing Workers on Organic Farms. Basically you go and work on a farm in exchange for room and board. An interesting way to meet local people as well as learn about organic farming. Hiroshi things this will be a good way to learn how to make a vegetable garden for when we move back to Canada. I was actually really surprised that he was interested. Seeing as he is THE city boy. I once suggested going camping and he said there weren't any hotels where I wanted to camp. Enough said. So who knows, we might be planting rice in China, herding sheep in New Zealand or rounding up cows in Argentina.

No comments: