Sunday, May 09, 2004

Thai Food Festival

Today there was a huge Thai food festival in Yoyogi Park in Harajuku. It was pouring rain all day, but I thought this might deter many people from going. It didn't - the place was packed! There were tons of vendors though and I bought bags of cheap Thai food to make at home. Yummy yum yum! It was all very reasonably priced too. I got lots of curry packs and some instant Tom Yong Koong noodles. We also got some mangosteens (a kind of fruit) and some Chang beer. (Shar and I drank Chang beer when we were in Thailand 4 years ago - cheaper than Singha and tastes better IMO... and has cute elephants on the label).

After shopping we hit the food stalls and had some curry and spring rolls and a coconut tapioca drink. It took us forever to find a place to sit - the table area was insane. At that point we were cold and damp and miserable too, so we didn't stay too long. It would have been nice to just sit there and get some more food - I guess everyone else had that attitude too though and that was why it was so hard to find a table LOL. It was a bit hard to balance food and an umbrella too and make your way through throngs of people so getting the food was a bit difficult. But what we did eat was delicious and fairly reasonably priced too.

We ended up going home relatively soon (wish I had the time to go on Saturday when the sun was shining and it was gorgeous outside). We hit Starbuck's on the way home to get a coffee to warm up and that put us in much better spirits. I got to search thru all my goodies too and figure out how much I bought LOL. Oh well, we'll eat it so I'm not too worried. I get to try to make spring rolls sometime this week though :) It looks pretty easy, but never having done it before, it might be interesting.

I'm definitely going to go back to the festival next year. And I'll go early and stake out a table so I can nibble on delicious food all day long!

PS - Happy Mother's Day to both my moms!

No comments: