Thursday, May 20, 2004

The evil gray hair

After a good night's sleep I woke up this morning feeling much better. I had a long day - I taught an all-day seminar, then had an evening class, and then had another evening class that ended up going 30 minutes later than planned because there was an accident and the trains were all delayed. Despite being dead tired, I had a pretty good day... until I found the evil gray hair!
Upon my regular gray hair inspection (ok, I know I'm paranoid and obsessive) I discovered a 4" long gray hair sticking out of my scalp!! That is not what I wanted to find! How is it possible that in just a week a gray hair can grow? And grow 4" at that! That is just wrong!!! It's a good thing that I have thick hair - I always manage to pull out 4 or 5 normal hairs in the process of plucking the evil things out.
Yes, it's my birthday next week. *scowl* There should be a rule that you don't get gray hair until at least 40.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now Elizabeth....don't start feeling old yet!! and you can always do what I have been doing for many years....color your hair again! Or grow old gracefully! I decided years ago to fight it! Ah..to be 30/31 again...they call it the prime of your life the 30's. Glad you are feeling better. Love Mom
p.s. hope you get your B.D. card on time!