Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Hi, my name's Liz and I'm a work-a-holic

Today I was supposed to have a leisurely afternoon (read: a nap) but got caught up doing work pretty much straight thru until now :( *sigh* Why do I do this to myself? Well, part of it is the yen signs dancing in my eyes. That goal of saving $50,000 (and the hope to save $75,000) by October 2005 is seeming more and more difficult. So I want to get as much work as possible.

Well, ok, I also have a problem saying no. I think I'm going to have to though cuz I'm dragging my butt and I'm only half way thru the work week. I think I'm going to work on eliminating my Saturday classes... or at least cutting it down to half a day only.

So I've been thinking, how am I going to cope on my RTW when instead of rushing everywhere, trying to cram things into every available spot in my schedule, and walking like it is an Olympic event (people in Tokyo walk much faster than in other places), I'll be limiting myself to seeing one thing a day? While the whole concept of only having to worry about food and where to sleep sounds heavenly, I'm actually worried that I might go crazy from the boredom! Sure doing nothing for a couple weeks sounds great - battery recharging stuff. But then what? Will I be bored out of my skull?

Of course there will be all the churches, museums, wonders of the world, etc to keep my attention. But really, how many churches can you see before you're churched out? Even now when I go to a museum I kinda rush thru, albeit taking the time to look at the nice things that catch my eye. This is very frustrating with Hiroshi - he likes to look at everything in great detail. Of course I might end up with a longer attention span if I have nothing else to worry about!

Anyway, just a random thought / concern that's been in my head. Cuz, yes, I am a work-a-holic!

No comments: