Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Happy Birthday to me

Today I had a really nice birthday... despite the fact that I turned 31...er, 29. Both my mom and my dad called me on the day :) Time zone disadvantage - my birthday in Canada is a day after my birthday in Japan. And Hiroshi actually does have a romantic bone in his body (get your minds out of the gutter!).

So the man who doesn't cook, made salmon, broccoli, miso soup, rice and spicy avocado. He also made sliced beets, which he cooked himself no less, topped with yogurt cheese stuff, which he also made himself. This is pretty damn impressive coming from the man who can't make 'just add water' pancakes. He also got me flowers :) And wine for the perfect romantic dinner. So it was a really nice birthday dinner - which is exactly what I wanted.

Of course I told him I hope this is the gift that keeps on giving and that he'll do this every night. He said no. Apparently this is the only meal he knows how to make. Supposedly he has cooked this for me before, but as it was more than 3 years ago (!) I forget what he made. However, I'm a bit suss and think this might be an excuse. Dinner was yummy!

No comments: