Saturday, May 22, 2004

Razzie Nomination

Hiroshi and I were debating what movie to go and see last night. There was nothing playing at the late show in Shinagawa that we hadn't seen before, so we were going to have to pay full price. The movie The Lady Killers was just releazed here but was playing in the premium theater in Shinagawa (2500 yen instead of 1800) so we had thought about going to see it in Roppongi. But by the time we paid train fare and everything, it would cost us the same amount of money, so we just went to Shinagawa and got the big comfy couple seats.

This movie has to be the worst movie I have ever seen. No, let me re-state that, this movie is definitely the worst movie I have ever seen. I seriously considered walking out - a first for me. Hiroshi said it was funny, but he didn't laugh once that I heard. The Japanese translation must've been a lot better than what the actors actually said!

Anyway, don't go to see this movie. Don't bother renting it. In fact, when it is broadcast on tv in two months, don't bother wasting your time watching it then either. Rather than paying for the movie, buy yourself a membership for the Razzie Awards and nominate this movie. Yikes, what was Tom Hanks thinking??

No comments: