Thursday, March 11, 2004

Whehoo! I can go shopping!!
So now that I am debt free I decided to apply for credit LOL. I do a fair bit of shopping online and for that you need a credit card. I lose out on exchange and service charges for sending money home when I use my Canadian visa, so I finally applied for a Japanese one. It came today and I'm so excited cuz it's cute and pink and has a picture of a little girl with a dog. :) Yes, I'm picking up the Japanese propensity for kawaii (or cute). And the good news is, now I can go on a shopping spree! Whehoo!! I think I want to go to a mall in Thailand LOL.
Actually in Japan your visa comes as two cards. One is used for when you pay the balance monthly, and the other is for revolving credit. Very weird. So I'm going to hide the revolving card in the bottom of my freezer. That way I have to do some serious defrosting if I want to purchase something I can't pay off when the bill comes in! Ah the joys of being responsible about credit :)

No comments: