Sunday, March 21, 2004

Being productive
Today I slept in and got more sleep - to catch up on last week's deficit. It was nice to sleep in until noon. Then I called my mom and had a nice chat. Hiroshi finally woke up (he's all excited about getting a replacement toothbrush mom) and we had a bagel and some strawberries for breakfast. I just want to say right now that strawberries with condensed milk on them kick butt! Yuuuuuummmmmy! And then I went back to bed and had a nap LOL

Tonight I woke up and did housework with Hiroshi. We finally put the futon away from when his sister came to visit (March 4). We also took down the other extra futon and re-did it. We put them in vacuum bags. Last time we didn't fold them properly and they were pushing out of the closet. Anyway, those are both done and put away, and the doors now fit back onto the closet (Japanese closets are a main closet divided horizontally (I hate that) with a smaller closet above the main one - that's where we put our futons). Now the study has space again, although I notice that Hiroshi's books have taken over half of the floor space - again!

I had planned to go to the gym but it is too late now :( So I'm going to walk down to the 24 hour post office and pick up my package from Land's End... and fork over $20 in duty! What's up with that??!! When I get back, I'm going to do some sewing - need some buttons put back on and need to take in a pair of pants. Oh, I forgot, I also went thru my closets tonight and started throwing away clothes. Got three big bags of stuff I am unlikely to wear, so it is going in the recycle bin downstairs.

Phew. Yesterday I cleaned the bathroom floor... I hadn't planned to do this, but Hiroshi forgot to put the discharge hose for the washer into the shower room... and the water went all over the floor. *sigh* The floor is nice and clean now though! Also cleaned off the kitchen table aka my pile of junk. So now there is space to eat again LOL. So got lots of cleaning done this weekend. Next weekend I have to deal with my books (gotta take them in to the second hand store) and hopefully will be able to scan in photos to update my photopage!

No comments: