Tuesday, March 30, 2004

I understand
I now understand why my boss is always running around in a high stress state and frequently has "don't ask me any questions right now" moments. In fact, he pretty much has my sympathy because he has to deal with 50 times the number of problems that I had to deal with today.
I had forgotten an important truth that I learned when I was managing staff in banking. That is - some people just don't get it. What is completely obvious to me is not picked up by others. And there really are people in their late 20s to mid 30s that have no clue about computers. In fact, there are a lot of them. Where have these people been? I thought we were the internet generation. How can you not know things like how to use a scroll bar??
Anyway, today was awful. I am actually back dating this entry - I was up until 2am dealing with problems so didn't have time to blog. Hopefully things will settle down and everyone will get into a groove soon!

No comments: