Saturday, March 20, 2004

Cherry blossoms are here
So after being fooled for a whole month, the cherry blossoms are finally blooming. The early tree has been blooming all month - it looks kinda scraggly cuz just a few are coming out at a time. But today all the buds are opening and one white tree is out :) Very pretty. Too bad it is so darn cold today! And raining and generally crappy outside. Next weekend should be perfect viewing time!
Of course, tons of people have been calling about my hanami (cherry blossom viewing) party. I feel bad when I have to say I'm not doing it this year. Oh well. I had planned on doing it today if I was going to. As it turned out, they blossoms aren't out enough yet, and it was pouring rain anyway. My office is having one next weekend so I'll probably go and hang out my colleagues this year.

No comments: