Thursday, March 25, 2004

Granny Pants
I lost my battle with customs about paying 10% duty so I trundled down to the post office to get my Land's End package. My new washable jacket looks weird with my grey pants. Doh! But I do have black pants that I can wear it with. It fits well. It came with a really nice wood hanger too. Maybe they should skip the hanger and decrease the cost by another 5 to 10 bucks. I'd like that better than a nice hanger.

My new bathing suit fits strangely. But I don't think the straps will fall down when I'm swimming. By strangely I mean that the leg holes are a bit tight, the hips and bust are right but the waist is baggy. How weird is that?? Ok, maybe my body is just deformed. LOL

But the best part was the underwear I ordered. I ordered a 3 pack of underwear. Now I always get Jocky for Her. I stock up whenever I'm in Canada. I haven't been to Canada for a while though and the undies are a bit worse for wear. You know, elastic poking out, holes etc. So, foolishly I ordered different underwear... completely forgetting the fact that I always get Jocky for Her underwear because I hate every other kind of underwear I've ever bought. So the Land's End underwear comes all wrapped up in this rather large package. Hirsohi is near me as I'm opening them and suddenly blurts out... "Holy sh crap! Those are huge!". Gee, thanks. But the thing is, the are huge! I have just bought three pairs of $8 granny pants!!

So now I am the not so proud owner of 3 pairs of granny pants that are loose fitting around the lower stomach, good fit in the waist and a bit tight in the legs. At least they cover my belly button. (Lately Hiroshi has been obsessed with my belly button and likes poking it. I know, he's weird. I hate it. So I have granny pants belly button protection *sigh*)

Other news for today - I got this wicked paper cut at work. It was bleeding for like 15 minutes. It really hurt when I did it, so I yelled out 'F-Sh-Chocolate!". How's that for not swearing? I said it rather loud though and everyone suddenly turned around... they thought someone had left chocolate for me in my box at work. Ha! I wish. Although I did get a rose from my student the other day. He hasn't had class with me for like a month. When I got there for our lesson, he said, "Long time no see. I got a present for you". Cool. Now, if only I can get Hiroshi to buy me flowers!

Oh, and Happy Anniversary to me! Today is 5 years in Japan! Doesn't seem like it at all. In fact I realized that I have spent the same amount of time in Japan as I did in Uni (BBA and MBA). University seems like a blink of an eye in terms of time. Wonder if 5 years from now, Japan will seem like that too. Time sure has gone by quickly. Hard to believe that I've spent 1/6 of my life here!

No comments: