Friday, March 12, 2004

This week I was doing new graduate training (for Uni grads who are starting work in April). It's been a long, hard week. Couple of amusing things happened this week. On Tuesday (I think), one of my students suddenly started piling bags of dried-vegetation coloured stuff on the desk. I'm like what the heck IS that? It looked like he was piling up drugs or something! Turns out he had just come back from India and had brought curry spice for everyone. Cool, cuz I'd never met him before and he gave some to me to. It was just bizarre how he suddenly started stacking the bags up in the middle of the lesson.

Then on Wednesday, one of my students didn't show up. Apparently he was being decompressed! He was in Saipan last week and came up too fast from a dive so it currently going thru decompression. How bizarre is that?

And rounding out the week was the earthquake yesterday. It was one of those circular ones which I don't like. Up and down or side to side are fine. When it is doing both at the same time it totally distorts my sense of balance. That'd be after the earthquake - of course it is distorted during the earthquake! I think I'm more sensitive than most people. I'm usually the first to feel it and I can still feel it long after others think it has stopped - confirmed by things still swaying. Anyway, while I don't like the circular motions, I'm glad there was an earthquake. Haven't had one in a while. Releasing pressure is always good! Tokyo is past due for a major one - it can release pressure all it wants! My theory is many small earthquakes will delay the big one :)

No comments: