Monday, August 16, 2004

Where's the wireless?

Today I rushed around trying to find a wireless node so I could check e-mail and send something off. No luck. Wireless connections that were there last week, are no longer there. Whaaaaat? And then I heard a rumour that the company that owns all the free hubs folded. What?! You mean I'm going to have to pay for my wireless internet access now? *scowl*

This does not bode well... because, well, I'm cheap. Once free it should always be free. I don't want to pay. Besides, all the plans where you pay are only at specific places (like MosBurger - where I just can't go because I'm addicted to their teriyaki chicken burger and that doesn't fit in with my diet plans). That would mean I'd be locked into going to a certain store, rather than deciding, hmmm, I feel like a latte at Starbucks or a coffee at Excelsior. So hopefully this rumour is just that - an evil rumour - and I'll be able to happily surf the net between classes. Guess I'll find out the next time I hit Starbucks in the Yaesu underground shopping mall at Tokyo station.

No comments: