Saturday, August 21, 2004

Catching up on the Olympics

I finally got to watch the opening ceremony for the Olympics. I know, I'm only a week late! Thanks to Cal who let me copy it. Overall, I really liked the opening ceremony. Ahhh, pageantry. Lots of costumes, good theme. I still haven't finished watching the whole thing - the parade of nations goes on forever. I think, well hope, I'm 3/4 of the way thru the parade. So far the African nations are fabulous. Their uniforms are just great. I liked Canada's uniform - very sporty and Canadian too. The US stole our Roots hats. Japan... well Japan was a fashion nightmare. For those of you who don't remember, they were dressed in white and the women had on this floral 'Laura Ashley meets patio chairs' pattern going on. It was just aweful. The designer should be sent back to design school.

I haven't watched much of the games themselves. Sometimes when I'm working at home I catch bits and pieces if Hiroshi's watching them. Not enough time to veg out in front of the TV - and as I said in a previous entry I don't really care all that much. I don't even know how many metals Canada or Japan has. *shrug* Oh well, at least I can say I watched (most of) the opening ceremonies now.

No comments: