Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Oodles of bad luck

Tonight Hiroshi was cleaning the bathroom floor, and when he moved the shelving unit, my mirror fell off the top and shattered. Somehow this is my fault ... I'm not sure how that works seeing as I was nowhere near the shelf at the time, and usually shelves don't go anywhere, so you shouldn't have to worry about the potential of a mirror falling off if they were moved. So he was all grumpy and irritable. I tried to help him clean it up but got told to go away. Maybe it was my comment "oh no! Now you'll have 7 years of bad luck!" that did it. Hmmm. Seeing as he broke my last mirror as well, he is now doomed to 14 years of bad luck - I assume the bad luck is cumulative rather than concurrent.

Interestingly I found ways to counteract the bad luck by googling. You let someone else clean it up (see above - I tried). Or you can wash the pieces in a south flowing river (would only work if I actually knew which way was south from here - does a ditch count?). Or you can smash it into a bazillion pieces being sure to not see your reflection in any of them (that would be fun for anger management). Or you can just bury them (if only we had a garden). So seeing as we did none of the above, and a black cat ran out in front of us the other day, I say we're doomed ;)

No comments: