Monday, August 30, 2004

Typhoons

Another typhoon is hitting Japan, this one the worst so far this year. They are really early this year. Usually they don't come round until September. Fair amount of damage in southern Japan, but nothing here. It was just rainy all day. Which is perfectly fine by me because that means it is cool! Of course the low pressure makes me sleepy. I ended up having a nap when I came home from work today. I also slept in really late yesterday. This is all good because I needed to catch up on my sleep. Hopefully this is a permanent decrease in the temperature. 25C is just so much easier to deal with than 39C!

According to the typhoon tracking chart on the news, Tokyo should start to get typhoon rain from right about now. We're just on the outskirts of the typhoon radius (it is going up the west coast). Tomorrow of course is scheduled to be hot - post-typhoon the sky is always clear and sunny. There isn't a polluted haze blocking the sun a bit. Beautiful sky, but I'm not looking forward to the heat. Summer please be over soon!

No comments: