Tuesday, August 10, 2004

A new grocery store

A new Pororoca store opened in Gotanda, pretty much exactly halfway between the station and our apartment. The exciting part? It's open 24 hours! Whehoo! Convenient shopping. Hiroshi and I went and picked up some things tonight. The prices are pretty good. I thought they might be a bit more expensive, but on average the prices are the same as the other shops around here. So this means I don't have to rush around to buy things before the stores close anymore. And - if I run out of toilet paper I don't have to make it to a store before 9pm because Pororoca carrries it. Very cool. Especially because toilet paper, shampoo and the like are normally carried only in pharmacies here and not in grocery stores. Ahhhh, one stop shopping :) Oh, and it is nice and bright with white lights rather than the depressing yellow / beige tinted ones that seem to be in every other store here.

No comments: