Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Uh-oh it's magic

Do you remember that song? I can't even remember who sang it, let alone if that is the actual title or just the chorus. Ah, all those 80s song tidbits floating around my brain. Anyway, yesterday was Hiroshi's and my anniversary. We've been married for 3 years - which have flown by just like magic. We've been married three years??!! Wow, where did all the time go? It sure doesn't seem like that long.

For our anniversary, we went to the Shinagawa Prince Hotel to see "Las Vegas Magic" at Club Ex. The show by itself is rather expensive, but there is a good dinner and show deal that we got. Hiroshi loves magic so he was very happy about the show. I knew it was based on slight of hand and the like so wasn't as thrilled as I used to be as a kid. When the magician pulled a duck out of nowhere though, I was impressed. That was good. There were also jugglers who were quite good. They were fun and entertaining. The name "Las Vegas Magic" comes from the scantily clad dancing girls that accompanied the show - you know, so men could drool and women could seethe with jealousy. ;) The big surprise of the evening was that the magician was not only from Canada, but upon surfing the net for this link, I discovered he is also from my hometown. How weird is that!? And no, I don't think I know him. Of course it may turn out we went to the same high school or something weird.

After the show we went to dinner. There is a nice restaurant on the 37th floor that has incredible city views, candlelight and steak. We didn't go there. I stupidly thought the buffet restaurant on the first floor would be better because it had shabu-shabu, crab, Chinese food, and sushi. See, thinking with my stomach instead of my brain! As it turns out the shabu-shabu was lousy, the Chinese food not great, and we didn't even eat the sushi. The crab on the other hand was delicious and we ate a whole bunch of that. The other things on the menu were so so. Oh well, bad choice. There were also lots of kids running around (where are your parents?!) making a lot of noise that was amplified by the acoustics of the room - it had huge high ceilings and was kind of like a swimming pool in terms of sound bouncing around. So not that romantic. It was different from the usual restaurants we go to though, so that was nice.

So that was the big anniversary thing. I'd be interested in going again when the tango show comes back - and the next time we'll choose the romantic restaurant.

Oh, and happy 55th birthday yesterday to mom in Kitchener. And happy anniversary yesterday to cousins Kevin and Renate. See, August 17th is a great day - look at all the special events.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I did not forget as it is the same day as Kevin & Renate's. It was their 13th. Just busy with work.....made top producer last month. Good to hear you had a nice evening for your anniversary. I will put you on next years calendar to remember to wish you "Happy Anniversary" before the day next year. Soooooo........."Happy Belated Anniversary" Liz & Hiroshi. Happy many more years to come. Love Mom