Monday, September 19, 2005

Holiday Monday

Today was a holiday (Respect for the Aged day) and I spent it relaxing :) I actually had two days off! Even better will be next weekend, which is also a long weekend and I have all three days off! I saw something on the net today when I was surfing that said Japan has something like 65,000 people who are over 100 years old. Apparently 80% of those are women.

I sat at home and relaxed ... in contemplation of not getting old (I found a second wrinkle this week and I am less than happy about this development). I also went to the gym for the first time in ages. Right now I'm just cooking up dinner - another thing I haven't done in ages. Hiroshi will be happy because I'm making fish, rice and miso soup. I found some saury (a long, thin fish) that had been gutted and deheaded for 100 yen a fish. Saury are cheap when they are in season. It is just hard to find them without heads and guts!

Tomorrow I have to get up really early - ugh. I hate early mornings. At least my evening class cancelled, so I can come home early and hit the gym again!

No comments: