Wednesday, September 28, 2005

AR -S8 E1

Yes, it is a new season of Amazing Race. I'm not sure if I like this family edition though. So far there has been a heck of a lot of screaming teams. That is going to give me a headache. Them and the family that screams at each other. My fav team is the one with the cute little girl. Everyone else I just get mixed up.

The one great thing in this episode was seeing the hotdog vendor guys and thinking they looked familiar and then it dawned on me... Kevin and Drew! (From Season 1 - the all time greatest team ever) And no one recognized them except the last team! I couldn't believe it! I wish they did more of their commentary about the teams because the stuff they did say made me totally miss them. So that was a nice surprise.

Things I'm not happy with - mainly that they spent the whole first episode driving around NY and Pennsylvania. What happened to going around the world? Get these teams to an airport. Geesh. And what is up with everyone helping each other? I mean, sure it is all nice and feel-good, but this is a race. Give me some mean, cut-throat tactics. LOL

I guess we'll see how the season shapes up, but so far, this is not the Amazing Race I know and love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that most of the race this time will in North America. Concerns for kids traveling in non-english speaking countries sort of dictated that. I think that I read somewhere that they hit someplace in Central America/Caribean and Canada (Quebec and Ontario).

I don't see how some of the families with kids are going to be able to keep up with the all adult families in the long run. I think I also read somewhere that they had problems with this edition and at one point were even considering scraping it.

I don't normally read spoiler stuff but I took a peek or two at a couple sites in early August just to see where they were at or had been seen. I didn't read anymore than that because I do enjoy the show and didn't want any real spoilers ;-)

But you are right, there seems to be a lot of yelling/screaming and confusion. Maybe it will calm down a bit when a few of the families get eliminated. Last night I almost had a headache by the end! I used to have a hard enough time trying to get all the people identified when it was two to a team, now with 4 on a team it's almost too much.

Calton said...

I have a feeling that most of the race this time will in North America.

Makes sense to me. Maybe this will be the reality-show version of National Lampoon's Vacation.

Given the surprise appearance of Kevin and Drew, I can't help but wonder if some other past contestants will also appear throughout the series.