Saturday, September 03, 2005

Belly dancing

Went to my co-worker's wedding party tonight which was held in a Turkish restaurant in Shinjuku. Hiroshi wasn't too keen on the food, especially the lamb. I thought it was good. It has a lot of strong spicing though which Japanese people tend not to like. We might have to change our plans on going to Turkey - Hiroshi doesn't want to go anymore LOL. He seemed horrified when I told him the entire middle easter region eats lamb in great quantities. As the smell was making him nauseous, I think he wants to cut out all those countries now. (There is also a fair bit of chicken in middle eastern food which he hates, so he might starve if we go there)

The highlight of the evening was the belly dancing. What a hoot. The first woman was ok, but the second woman really got the men's attention. Perhaps because she had boobs? I don't know. At one point she was balancing a sword on her head though! Belly dancing seems like oodles of fun and seeing it has renewed my interest in actually doing it - there is a community group in Tokyo that does lessons once a week. Unfortunately, I'm always working in the evenings. So, if my evenings ever free up, I will probably join. I figure it has to be good exercise!

No comments: