Friday, September 30, 2005

End of September already?

I can't believe it is the end of September. This year has gone by so quickly. The weather is moving into my favourite time of year - cool, but still sunny.

Today was the deadline for submitting for time off over xmas at work. I'm not going to do anything. Of course, I should have looked more closely at how the holidays fell before making this decision - the holidays suck this year. I should have submitted for a couple of days off. Oh well. I'm just going to hang out here anyway.

Of course, seeing it is October tomorrow, this means I need to figure out when Canadian Thanksgiving is and when daylight savings time starts... otherwise I call people at ungodly hours. (Feel free to tell me in the comments to save me google time). I'm still debating about getting that convection oven at CostCo - have to get some more shelves though if I do. But, if so, I can make a turkey! Yum! That should be interesting considering I've never made a turkey before. Or even a whole chicken for that matter.

Anyway, happpy fall everyone! Don't tell me how many days are left until Christmas - I know some of you are counting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz!!! Just thought I would let you know, Canadian Thanksgiving is this weekend!!! Thanksgiving Monday is the 10th of October. I have no idea about DST ending though!

I thought I would let you know that I got a new digital camera. The Nikon D70s. I have been playing with it non-stop! I am going to set up a photosite. I will send you the link when I have it up!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! And you need to post more photos!!

Lisa

Liz said...

Nice new cam! More photos are coming your way...