Monday, September 26, 2005

Aichi Expo

Yesterday was the last day of the World Expo in Aichi. I had really wanted to go; however, this was the last weekend and my desire to go was strongly outweighed by stories of record attendance and supsended ticket sales due to too many people in the park. According to the news, people were waiting in line for 6 hours to see some exhibits, and, well, that is just silly. I have better things to do than stand in line for 6 hours. I just wish I had made the time earlier this summer to go and check it out. Oh well.

Overall, Expo was hugely successful. They projected 15 million people would attend, and final attendance figures were 22 million, so that is excellent. Probably the most popular exhibits were of the mamoth head and the robots. The mamoth head, according to my mother-in-law was a big letdown because it is actually very small, and therefore hard to see with a bazillion people crowding around. I really wanted to see the robots that gave directions (the ones that looked like women) and the robot pavillion which had all kinds of high tech stuff. I was also interested in hitting some of the different country pavillions which had cultural displays so I could get some ideas / info for the world trip. Well, maybe we'll be lucky and there will be another fair when we are going round the world, and we can hit the next one.

No comments: