Thursday, April 22, 2004

Random thoughts
So today hit a high of 27C (that's mid 80s for you Farenheit people). It was great! I don't know what this portends in terms of summer temperatures, but it felt so good to walk in the sun. I could practically feel my skin being infused with vitamin D.

Today I had a new class in Shinjuku. I haven't been to Shinjuku in over a year... because, well, it seems so far away. I know, I know, it is only 15 minutes by train, but it isn't in "my neighbourhood" which is the south part of the Yamanote line. Anyway it was kinda fun to be in my old stomping grounds - I used to go there all the time. And I even dropped into Tokyu Hands to go shopping.

I bought some reverse high heels, for lack of a better name. Basically they are shoes with the heel at the ground by the toe up at a 45 degree angle. They are supposed to improve balance and ankle strength in addition to stretching your legs. I bought them because they are a great way to stretch out my calves. I just wear them around the apartment. The balance and flexibility are also good for me though. So hopefully I'll get a bit more flex in my ankles, and a little less pain in my feet (plantar fascia).

The last few days have been a bit quieter so I'm less stressed. This is good. I'm in a much better mood and even joked around with Hiroshi tonight. Poor guy has been having to deal with "don't bug me", "I'm concentrating", "Please stop doing that" comments for the past month. And I'm debating on going to Kyoto for Golden Week now. I had dismissed it before because it isn't Thailand and it will be busy, but upon seeing pictures I'm thinking it would be nice to go. It is the one place in Japan that I really want to get to. And... I found some good package deals (train and hotel) - if there is still vacancy. I'll find out tomorrow :)

No comments: