Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Incentive to lose weight?
So for the ongoing research on the world trip I have found a new fun thing to do! I saw this on tv once and thought it would be fun so now want to do it. What you ask? The Wife Carrying World Championships! Hiroshi however says he will die. Gee thanks! But has agreed that if I get to a certain (undisclosed by me) weight, he'll do it! Of course, one of the prizes is the wife's weight in beer, so maybe losing weight is a bad thing ;)

Anyway, it's in northern Finland, so that might be the Scandinavian stop... along with the Faroe Islands which are halfway between Iceland and Norway, but are part of Denmark... but are sort of a separate country. I just want to go there because all the "towns" have a population of like 32 people. I kid you not. I think that would be cool. One of the things to do for the day would be to meet everyone in the whole town LOL They sound really nice too, so that might be something different. I'm trying to find as many non-tourist stops on the world trip as possible.

No comments: