Sunday, April 25, 2004

Date night
Had a really nice relaxing day with Hiroshi. We had a nice cuddle and nap for most of the afternoon. Then we went out to dinner and a movie. After wandering around forever we finally found a restaurant without a 40 minute wait. It was a little tempura place. I have actually never had non-fast food tempura. So this was nice. They cooked it up right in front of us! Very cool. The set we had came with sashimi (raw fish) and we got to see the guy cut up the fish too. This kitchen was clean too ;)

We went to see Something's Gotta Give at the show. It was a good movie! Both Hiroshi and I liked it. Very funny. I imagine it would be even better for people my parent's age - the jokes would probably be funnier. Jack Nicholson's mannerisms in the movie remind me of my dad though - the way he smokes a cigar and puts reading glasses on. Very weird.

I was also surprised that it was such a long movie - how often are movies two and a half hours long nowadays? Well other than the epic productions. Most seem to hit the one and three quarter line. Well worth the 1000 yen :) Gotta love the cheap late show!

No comments: