Monday, April 26, 2004

New glasses, new shoes
So I went to the Ecco shoe store in Ebisu today to pick up some new shoes. I need some better work shoes. The styling is kinda boring and plain, but boy are these shoes ever comfortable! Actually they had some really cute sandles, but I'd never wear them, so I had to pull myself away. I might go back and get some every day runners though.

There were only two pairs that were wide enough for my foot. I ended up getting the lower heeled one because I figure that will be better for walking. Well, the one with a lower rise - there were both loafers. But the other ones were cuter. Hrm. The dilemma of sensible shoes! I was actually surprised that all of the shoes were only around a hundred bucks US. I expectfed two hundred. Don't know why. Hiroshi says it is a good price. I felt better after I realized the shoes are real leather too. I'm the $20 shoe girl - so spending a hundred bucks is a bit ouch! And actually they are like walking on pillows of air so I think they'll be worth it!

I also picked up my new glasses today. Everything is weirdly shaped. I hate that new glasses warped vision thing. Hopefully it will settle down. I haven't had stronger glasses in a few years - the last two times my prescription actually decreased, so it is a bit weird. My left eye (the one that got worse) is not as strained though. It feels better - not as much tension. Not sure how to explain it. I'm still getting used to the look of the glasses too. The frame is dark. I haven't had a dark frame in about 5 years so it's different.

Anyway, it's a new me - new hair cut, new glasses, new shoes... now all I need is more new clothes ;) LOL

No comments: