Monday, April 12, 2004

23 degrees and I'm sick!
Today was even better than the weekend in terms of weather... and here I am sick :( I have ended up with the seasonal sore throat. So I spent all day in bed sleeping.

I was good and went to the doctor this afternoon. What a pleasant experience (aside from the fact that I had to get dressed and leave the house). I went to the same clinic I went to last year. I walked in and gave them my client card, and they called me back about two minutes later! Wow! I didn't even have an appointment. Today there was a female doctor who spoke excellent English. This made me very happy. And I escaped the evil ventilator machine! Whehoo! Usually they make you suck on this hose with some medicine that expands your lungs. Great except I normallly don't have any problem with my lungs and the thing causes me to cough like mad. She said I didn't have to do it :)

Then I went next door to get my medicine and that only took about 2 minutes too. They even checked my file cuz they knew that I didn't want any stinking powder medicine (I'd barf) and that I can't have sulfa drugs. It was sooooo easy! Which is a bloody miracle because usually these things are complicated and frustrating. So I'm a happy camper. All up, it only took about 20 minutes!

So now that I have my meds, hopefully the weather will continue to be nice and I'll be able to enjoy it for the rest of the week!

No comments: