Saturday, April 24, 2004

Got a haircut
I actually made an appointment to get my haircut tonight. Usually I just walk in. But when I went last time, they were too busy and I didn't want to wait. I'm not overly happy. This happens every time I go there and as Hiroshi rightly points out, I should change because, well, I'm always upset about something. The problem of course is, they charge 3000 yen which I find reasonable, whereas other places charge 7000 yen and up - which is price gouging in the extreme IMO. So dilemma.

Anyway, I told the stylist I wanted the split ends and dried dead stuff cut off the ends, and then I wanted it shaped. The guy cuts off the ends and then says, Ok finished. I'm like, excuse me???? I can cut my own ends off at home. I came here cuz I wanted it shaped! Honestly. At least he wasn't huffy as he put the plastic apron back on. Then he thinned out my hair which is good because it makes it lighter, which means it gets better curl and I don't sweat as much. But he thinned it a bit too much I think. If I put it in a pony tail, it is pretty sad looking. It has less volume than what I used to pull back in just a clip. Oh well. I also got jipped out of my massage :( For those of you who don't know, in Japan you get a head and neck massage when you get your hair cut.

So I'm not sure if I like my hair or not. Guess I'll have to get used to it. He cut a lot off to get rid of the dead ends - about 5 cm! I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just pay the extra money next time. Either that, or get Hiroshi to start practicing for when we go on our world trip LOL. Cuz we may be doing it ourselves then!

No comments: