Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Tonight I did an aqua dance class at the gym. As I was doing it, I was like, this isn't very hard. The moves weren't very dance-like and while the music was good, the moves didn't match the beat. So I came home thinking, I'm not going to take that useless class again.
It is now four hours later and things are starting to sieze up in my legs. My triceps hurt when I type. Um, I think that class felt a lot easier than it really was. We'll see what happens when I go to get out of bed tomorrow morning. Better take some glutamine before I go to bed!
I did like the instructor though. I joined the class at the last minute (I had planned on swimming but saw that the class was running so I did that instead). As I was getting into that part of the pool she asked me if I spoke Japanese. I told her only a little. So she made a real effort to demonstrate the moves for me. Now, I should note at this point, fluency in the Japanese language would not help me understand moves. I am totally uncoordinated. I have to actually watch someone do the move and then try my best to mimic it. I think this will be my new excuse for more demonstration time. Thank heavens this is in the water - in an aerobics studio everyone would be able to see what a dork I am. In the water, no one can see that my legs aren't moving the right direction in comparison to my arms. ;)

No comments: