Tuesday, February 10, 2004

I so love internet shopping. I don't like Eddie Bauer's sizing, but I do like their quality. And the outlet store has good deals on pants right now! So I bought some. I choose one size smaller than I am now as incentive on the diet. And picked up one pair that is two sizes smaller, cuz at $20, well, you don't find good pants much cheaper than that.
Then I moseyed on over to Amazon. I was good - I only bought half of the books I wanted! Ok, I need more travel books like a whole in the head, but I've read all of the guides I got before... need to find out where to go in South America. Basically between Jen's wedding in mid-November until the wildebeest births in February on the Serengeti (Tanzania) we can hang out, take a spanish course, trek up to Machu Picchu, and whatever else strikes our fancy. Gotta find out what those other things are! Salt flats in Bolivia. Rio. One of the many Copacabanas down there so I can sing the song incessantly and irritate Hiroshi.
I also want to figure out things in the Middle East. Mainly Egypt and Jordan. The rest of the region is pretty much on hold though because well everyone is blowing each other up as usual. If people would only stop fighting and just get along, it would make my trip planning so much easier!
Anyway, in addition to books and pants I also need to get shoes. I have to go and buy them in person though. I need them. Haven't bought shoes in ages... well I bought flip flops in Thailand in August, but I won't be wearing them any time soon. Unfortunately :( My non-gym runners are falling apart and I need a pair of dress shoes as well. I need some other clothes as well, but I'm going to hold off on them, because the season will change soon and next year I definitely do not plan to be fitting into the same wardrobe.

No comments: