Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Today was a holiday. Lucky me! It was nice to just laze around and get up at a somewhat leisurely time. Decided to go to CostCo today. This was a huge mistake. I figured it wouldn't be too bad because most people would go on the weekend not on a mid-week holiday. Wrong! I think I have complained before about how people here (it is not just Japanese, so I'm including all nationalities) have absolutely NO idea about how to wield a CostCo sized cart. And they are completely oblivious to anyone around them and leave their cart in the middle of an aisle while they go off (to the other end of the aisle no less) to look for something totally blocking traffic. Then there was the woman who decided to wait for someone in the line area of the checkouts... not beside a pillar or off to the side, but forming part of a line. And the screaming out of control children with no parent in sight.
So throw in my inherited (hi dad!) lack of patience in lines and crowds, along with a good dose of PMS and I had a great time. Not. Hiroshi, bless him, finds this all hilarious. This of course does not improve my mood at all - cuz laughing and making fun of me actually does not put me in a better mood when I'm bitchy. Thankfully he has this relaxed who cares attitude that nicely balances mine. :)
So the good news is that instead of hauling all of the heavy stuff home, we shipped it. For only 500 yen (about US$5) we shippped a big box weighing pretty close to the maximum 25kg (about 55 lbs). Life is so much better when you don't have to lug heavy stuff up and down train station stairs! It should all arrive sometime on Friday. I'm wondering why we haven't always done this! So is Hiroshi who I usually bring along for the sole purpose of helping me carry things! LOL

No comments: