Friday, February 27, 2004

This morning I had one of my private (personal) students and I rearranged my schedule to fit her in and got up early despite having a long day yesterday and she slept in!!!! I might kill her next time I see her. It's not so bad when this happens with my company's clients because I still get paid - in this case I don't.

Of course this ended up being good, because I forgot that today was the last day of the month. That means rent is due, so I got to come all the way back home and grab the bank books and the bills to pay. Otherwise I would've had to run like a maniac back home after I finished my afternoon class and rushed back to the bank in order to send the rent by 3:00. So it ended up being ok.

Looks like there will be about 100 students starting the on-line learning next month... unless there is suddenly a huge influx of students signing up before the deadline. This apparently is possible with this client. So we'll see. Things for the latest version of the program are shaping up nicely. The system is doing weird bizarre things that make myself and colleague Andy want to kill it, but in terms of content, we are almost finished getting it all on the new system. I'm going through and making sure it looks nice, makes sense, is grammatically correct, spelling mistake free etc. This means I get to do html code.

I actually enjoy doing this. I find it relaxing. Html coding is very methodical and logical. Brings back memories of C... but I totally forget how to actually program in C. I just remember it was fun. I'm doing this all without pay actually. This part of the process is actually Andy's job but I'm helping him out. I enjoy it, so I don't mind (no one asked me to do this). And it means I'm now familiar enough with the code that I can do fun things like add colour (or color for the Americans) and indent things and.... well, ok, that's about all I can do LOL. Blogspot has automatic bold and italics (you just click a button) so that was easy. Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to make the text a bit spicier so to speak in the upcoming entries.

No comments: