Sunday, August 17, 2003

So here it is, quarter to four in the morning, and it is time for bed. So far in the mass cleaning: all dishes washed, cupboards and contents wiped down with the exception of the one above the sink, all shelves wiped, all items on the shelves wiped, expired items in cupboards/shelves thrown away, table wiped and cleared, floor washed, bathroom sink area cleaned, all towels in the house washed, area under kitchen sink reorganized. Phew! Now, I just have to finish that one cupboard, wipe off all my cosmetics and their shelving, clean the toilet and bathtub (might as well while I'm at it), vacuum the carpets, wipe down the desk, and tidy the bedroom.

As for the study, I'm afraid to go there... to many piles of junk. I mean, where do you begin? Last week I did some organizing and went thru papers and stuff and thru out 2 garbage bags of junk. There's lots more though. We'll see how energetic I am. To be fair both Hiroshi and I have a ton of junk in there, but the vast majority of it is his books. Wish I could read the kanji so some of them could just mysteriously disappear. I can't though, and don't want to throw away anything important. He likes to keep a lot of them as reference for his job. Of course I have never actually seen him reference anything, but that is another story, and I won't go there.

So tomorrow in addition to the cleaning, I'm hoping to go to the used book store and trade some books. Might go to the gym. I should go to the gym. I am at the point now though, where it has been so long, getting the momentum going is like pushing a 1 ton rock with a feather up hill. Of course if I don't go, I'll end up weighing 1 ton. *sigh* Also need to do some cooking for next week... and oh yeah, it is our anniversary. Card shopping and dinner. Man, I hope I have the super productive focus tomorrow. I'm usually content to laze in bed all day Sunday.

Oh, and only 9 more days till I'm on that jet plane to Phuket.

No comments: