Monday, August 25, 2003

Random before bed thoughts:
Went to Outback Steak House with Hiroshi for dinner last night. We each ordered a steak. Holy cats, 8oz is huge! I can't believe that is the standard portion size in North America. But at least we had left overs for tonight! Actually, that is another restaurant where I can eat semi-diet (Body for Life). It just means splitting an entree and staying away from the bread. That bread is awesome! Oh, and ordering sirloin instead of the prime rib which is to die for, but at 32 jaw dropping grams of fat in that 8oz it is definitely not diet food. Hiroshi was in awe at how big the potatos were. I haven't had baked potato in eons and boy did it taste great! I wish I had an oven to do them properly. My toaster oven eats up too much electricity. Hmm... might be worth it.

Got my haircut yesterday afternoon. The guy who did it was sweet. I always dread going to the hair salon because you have to worry about communicating and whether or not they will butcher your hair. Luckily I haven't had any bad cuts here - actually they are much better than what I have ever had in Canada. They thin out my hair without making it into a frizz ball which is a bloody miracle. The hairdresser was a cutie and despite not speaking English we communicated. He showed me how to style my hair and we even argued about how short to cut my bangs. LOL. I'll go back to him.

Today I lazed around in bed until almost 3. It was great. Then I just watched stupid TV and did a bit of reading and that's about it. I think I'm in vacation mode already! Speaking of which... only two more days until Thailand!!!!!!!! I'm so excited. I probably won't be able to sleep the night before!

No comments: