Tuesday, August 05, 2003

The good news of the day, is that all the crazy hours that I have been working lately will be "recompensated" (as my boss says) at a decent rate. My colleague and I were pretty sure we were going to get taken advantage of, but we actually got what we asked for. Maybe we should have asked for more???!! Of course the question now is, where do I spend all the dough!!??? Hiroshi, the ever responsible one, says I should save it. I on the other hand feel a new computer is in order. I mean, I'm still on Windows 98 for crying out loud! I'm thinking read/write CD-ROM, a huge drive (none of the 3 GB nonsense that I am currently suffering with), and well, I guess that's it. Gosh I'm easy to please. Of course then there is the Mac vs. PC issue. I have always owned a PC, but seeing as I want to get more into graphics and stuff perhaps the Mac is better. I guess it will all boil down to cost. Hiroshi, being the voice of reason, says I should just get a removable drive. I'll just bring him shopping with me - then he'll want half of the stuff too. Hehe.

My tickets to Thailand are in my hot little hands, albeit with the wrong spelling of Hiroshi's name. At least I can go to Thailand! ;-) Had to phone Aeroplan (on my penny) to get it fixed, and will now be making a visit to their office somewhere in Tokyo. I actually do know where their office is - so that makes life easier. Maybe I'll get some free stuff for the inconvenience. Ha! Somehow I doubt it.

Well, I am off to find out why my husband is singing at the top of his lungs. Love him to death, but his inability to hold a tune, while endearing at low volume, is rather irritating at the moment. I figure something must be up because he is not singing songs from the only band he ever listens to (Street Sliders) and is actually butchering a song I quite like.

No comments: