Friday, August 22, 2003

Random before bed thoughts:
I'm sitting here eating nashi (Japanese pear) and trying to convince myself to go to bed. I want to stay up to watch "Ari my rub" aka "Ali my love" aka "Ali McBeal". I've become addicted. I used to hate that show. Donno why I like it so much now all of a sudden. Well, maybe cuz it is in English. The problem of course is that it is on at 2:30 am. I don't have to work till late morning tomorrow, but still, I should be sleeping.

Speaking of nashi, a miracle occurred last night. Hiroshi actually peeled, cored and sectioned one for me. He claims this was cooking - I laughed in his face and set him straight. It is a miracle because this is the man who can't seem to get a glass of water for himself. I don't mind too much, because he's been well trained in other areas - he's great at doing laundry, taking out the garbage, doing the dishes, sweeping the floor, and folding and airing the futon. Yes, I realize that is most of the household chores - I told you he was well trained. It would be nice once and a while to have someone cook for me though. He has marriage induced amnesia however - he knew how to cook prior to getting married. Now he has conveniently forgotten. Anyway, I'm thrilled. First stop, bowl of fruit - destination gourmet meals.

I'm watching the pachinko program. Yes, I know I'm a sorry excuse for a human being. The pachinko show is a program that basically shows ppl playing pachinko (usually the host and one or two guests). You get to live for the gambling excitement without the financial investment or inhaling second hand smoke. Ok, I know that is just sad. I can't help it though. I love this show. Oh! Someone just won!!!

And just to keep the countdown going... only 5 more days... well, technically it is Friday now, so it is only 4 more days now!! Yippee!!

No comments: