Tuesday, June 28, 2005

visiting Grandpa

Today mom and I drove up to Owen Sound to visit my grandpa. It was a nice drive up. It was really sunny and I got a bit of sunburn just sitting in the car.

Grandpa isn't doing so well. It seems like he's had a stroke. He isn't very coordinate on his left side. Other than that he is still mentally alert though and doing ok. His new place at Hannah Walker is really nice. He has a bedroom and separate sitting room, so it is nicer than the usual retirement home.

He wanted to go to East Side Marios for lunch so we drove over there. He didn't want to have a beer but I convinced him to have a daquiri with me. It was so funny because he pretty much inhaled the thing. Guess he likes them! LOL I had to drink it slowly because I kept getting brain freeze!

After lunch we drove out to grandma's grave site and I put some flowers there. Then we went over to my grandma and grandpa's (dad's parents) graves at the other cemetary. We were driving around and around and around and couldn't find it. We finally stopped and I asked the gardeners if they could help me and one of them very nicely went into the office and pulled up the location on the computer. So we were able to find it in the end and I put some flowers there too. If there is some rain, the flowers might even last as both of them were hanging baskets.

Then we dropped grandpa back home and we drove back to Kitchener. We were back by early evening so I had the chance to do up my laundry and surf the net for a bit.

No comments: