Thursday, June 30, 2005

hanging out at the spa

Mom and I went to the spa today for a manicure and pedicure. It was nice and relaxing! The place mom goes to is really nice. They have special pedicure chairs with big foot baths at the bottom and the seats are leather massage chairs! It was heavenly. I just had a manicure and pedicure last week, but it was nice to get it done again!

I got my toes painted a bright coral colour. Last time I got a soft pink because I didn't want anything too bright. Then it seemed boring. So, now they jump out at you LOL. She did a really good job with my manicure too. I got french again, but I think it looks better than before. I also got a hand and foot massage with the manicure and pedicure so I was nice and relaxed.

Tonight I met up with my friend Jason for dinner and gabbing. It was nice to just gab about a whole bunch of topics... and relearn English. I find that I use an over-simplified vocabulary in Tokyo, so speaking with another intelligent adult (non-Tokyo resident because they have the same problem I do) helps me regain some of the English I have lost. Sad isn't it.

We went to East Side Marios for dinner and had a beer. Ahhh, Canadian beer! It tastes good :) Then we hung out at the student center at University of Waterloo and talked the evening away. He was also really nice and gave me cool presents. I of course didn't bring anyone presents so felt kinda stupid. Overall, it was a good visit though.

No comments: