Wednesday, June 29, 2005

even more shopping

I slept in this morning until around noon. Then mom and I went over to the mall. We dropped in at the Bay and I bought two more t-shirts. Then we went to Addition-Elle as I was hoping they had the matching pants to my suit jacket in my size. They didn't have them though. So we walked around for a bit and I hit the book store to get some more magazines (Cosmo has sex secrets and naked men you know) and a book I wanted.

After that we went to Pennington's over in Cambridge. It is a really nice store and has a lot of nice clothing. Best of all, they had pants that fit me pretty well! The waist was not as big as it normally is and it was alterable - usually if I take in the waist the belt line above butt dips down to far. So mom got me two pairs of the pants and a cute pair of pyjamas as my birthday present. Thanks mom! She even sewed them up for me tonight.

Tonight, Lisa (my step-sister) and Kevin (her husband) came over for dinner. We had ribs, which were my birthday food request. They were super yum. Then mom and I went to the supermarket to buy some sauces and stuff I wanted and hit the DQ (Dairy Queen) on the way home. I haven't been to the DQ in ages. They have these absolutely ginormous sizes. I had a medium Blizzard and it was too much. They have an extra large sized one that is probably about a litre worth of ice cream! That's nuts! I mean DQ is good, but how can anyone eat that much?

1 comment:

Perogyo said...

You have made me sooooo homesick. The Bay. Addition-Elle. Pennington's. Why don't they have online ordering???? Even if I could see their catalogues and get my mom to send them to me.

And Dairy Queen! Why is it that there are Haagen Dazs and Baskin Robbins everywhere, but the more affordable and yummy DQ is gone! There used to be one about 30km from where I live in a Saty, but it closed down in 1999. Excuse me, I must mourn for a dipped cone.