Tuesday, June 07, 2005

250GB of harddrive goodness

I bought another harddrive today. After figuring out the salesman was trying to scam me out of 10,000 yen, I ended up buying a brand new 250GB drive. He was trying to get me to buy the Firewire 800 compatible one. Seeing as my iBook only supports Firewire 400, it really doesn't make any sense for me to pay 50% more for a harddrive with a speed I can't even get.

So, I'm in the process of doing a full back up of my harddrive. I no longer have space issues, so life is good. I'll also have plenty of room to manipulate the video from Jen's wedding (I'm going to do her wedding video as a gift).

Now I just need to while away the time while I back up 80GB of data. Needless to say it is going slowly. I'm at about 20GB I think after about an hour of backing up. This might take a while!

No comments: