Monday, June 20, 2005

shopping!

This morning I went for my matron of honour dress fitting. I was so worried that the hips would be too tight! Since the dress has a chiffon overlay, it would pull and look terrible if the hips were too tight. As it happened they had to take the dress in a bit! Obviously the waist had to come in (why is it that waists are always 6 inches too big on me?) but it was a pleasant surprise to have the hips taken in a bit as well. Let me tell you, that was a relief!

Overall, the dress is much better than I thought. I figured it would be more purple than it was... I was thinking that I'd look like a blueberry muffin! The colour was very pretty though. I didn't have my bra with me at the time so we had to go and quickly buy one so that they could do the fitting properly. We just zipped over to Walmart and got one. Then back to the dress shop for the fitting.

After getting the dress taken care of mom and I went to the outlet mall. I wanted to go to the Echo shoe store, but it closed. Oh well. Hopefully I'll find them elsewhere. We went to Addition-Elle while we were out there and I got some stuff. They had a great sale on! I also picked up a mortar and pestle for my co-worker who had asked me to pick one up for him.

Then, I dropped mom off at dad's car (she was driving it back home for him) and I was off to the mall to go to the Bay. They had amazing sales there! I got lots of t-shirts that are nice for summer. They'll replace all the crappy ones I just threw out! I also picked up some stuff at the Dior counter. And then I was shopped out!

Tonight dad cooked a good dinner. He made portobella mushrooms on spinach with feta cheese. Man they were good. We also had mussles and a beautiful fillet of salmon. Yum yum. After dinner of course, we all fell asleep watching tv!

No comments: