Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Narita Express Ticket

I checked the internet the other day for the train schedule to the airport. Unfortunately, it looked like there weren't any trains from Shinagawa in the afternoon. Shinagawa is my closest station - I can also get it from Tokyo, but it is such a hassle to drag a suitcase, carry-on etc on the busy Yamanote line. Usually I can just grab a cab from my house to Shinagawa station (walking 10 minutes with a heavy suitcase is not worth it - the 660 yen taxi is money well spent for me) and then jump on the train to the airport. So I wasn't looking forward to having to lug everything up to Tokyo station.

Anyway, I went to the ticket office tonight to get my ticket, and there are trains in the afternoon from Shinagawa! Whehoo! That makes life so much easier! I just have to enter the station, which has several escalators and elevators because it is also a shinkansen (bullet train) stop (many stations only have stairs which are no fun when you have a 70 lb suitcase).

So life is good and I am starting to get excited about coming home. Now if only I didn't have so much to work to do before I leave!!

No comments: