Thursday, June 23, 2005

Beauty Day and Christmas Dinner

Today Jen and I went to get a manicure and pedicure done for the wedding. I also had a hair cut booked in. They did my nails while I was getting the highlights put in my hair. Talk about pampering!

I'm really happy with my cut. My hair looks awesome. Unfortunately, I highly doubt I will even be able to get it to look like this again! The cut is very glam - but it requires a lot of styling to get it to look like that. I don't do styling! I'm lazy in the morning. I did get a proper brush for styling in though, so maybe. I hope I am able to do it because I really like the style. And the highlights look quite natural, so I'm pleased with them too.

After our hair and nails we met up with mom and went to pick up our dresses. They all got piled into the back of the Jeep. In the parking garage at home, mine dropped out of the bag and onto the ground though! Thank heavens it didn't fall into an oil patch. I freaked out when I saw it falling.

Tonight was Christmas dinner because I wanted turkey. I haven't had it in four years! When we stepped off the elevator we could smell it cooking - it made the whole hallway smell. I wish I could bottle it! It smelled so good!

It tasted good too. We had the turkey, mashed potatos and gravy (mmm!), squash and pumpkin pie for dessert. I was in food heaven. I even snuck pieces of skin off the turkey when it was setting - those snuck bits are one of the best parts. I so wish I had an oven in Tokyo so I could make dinners like this.

No comments: