Thursday, June 16, 2005

I still need to pack!

More time at the office tonight. I'm almost ready to leave in terms of work stuff being taken care of. In terms of packing... well, I haven't started yet! Yikes! Luckily I don't have to leave for the airport until the afternoon.

Last minute panic issues: non-readable passport and insurance. First, my insurance doesn't cover me in the States and I'm not sure if I can get coverage before I go. I'm only going to actually be in the US for about 30 minutes, but you never know right? I'll have a day in the States when I come back to Japan too, so will have to call them tomorrow.

The other worry is my non-readable passport. I have no idea what the rules are for enterring the US, but according to the government websites, non-readable passport holders need a visa! I hope this is not true for Canadians, otherwise I am screwed. Northwest's site says non-readable passports are ok until June 26. So I think I'm ok. Of course, I'll worry anyway. When I come back through on the way home, I might need one though.

No comments: