Saturday, June 25, 2005

Jen's wedding

Today started off with Jen and I going to get our hair and make-up done. I decided to get mine styled the same way as when they cut it the other day. Jen had hers up in rollers and was under the hair dryer (the "head cup") while I got my make-up done. Then they did my hair and her make-up. Then she came back to the hair station for the rollers to come out and to get her hair curled and flower-ized (I made that word up). Her hair actually looked really good just out of the rollers - it had a lot of body. It looked great all done up with the flowers too of course. The make-up seemed really dark for both of us. Neither of us wear make-up most of the time, so to have make-up dark enough for pictures is a big change!

Then we went home to put Jen's dress on and cover her tattoos with heavy make-up. We should have started the covering make-up earlier so it could dry and we could layer it on better. We were running low on time though! Getting Jen's dress on wasn't fun. It had to go over her head and she absolutely freaked that mom and I were messing up her hair. I think all of her stress from the past few days came out then. Man can she shreik! LOL But we did get the dress on and done up, her hair was fine and she looked beautiful.


By this time, the photographer had arrived so we all traipsed across the road to the river to take pictures by the fountain and among the flowers and stuff. It was so hot! Poor Jen had to just stand there and smile in that heavy dress! We had fun though joking about grabbing each others' butts.

After the pics we all drove to Essex. Jen was crammed into the front seat of the car - her crinoline (sp?) is huge! We went right into the sitting room in the changing room to relax and hide Jen from Mike's view. Soon it was time to go out and we all walked up outside and everything went smoothyly. The ceremony was short, but still made me teary eyed.

Then it was time for dinner, socializing and dancing. I lost it when I was giving my speech. Don't know why... just got choked up with emotion. It is all on videotape for eternity now too LOL. Anderson did a great job taking video at the wedding, so I'll be able to make up a good video for them later on.

I was able to chat with a bunch of people after dinner. I had a nice conversation with my grandma and grandpa (who I haven't seen in a really long time) and got to laugh at some people who got really drunk. By mid-evening my feet were absolutely killing though (I never wear heels!) so my shoes and jacket both came off for dancing.

All in all a beautiful wedding.

No comments: