Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Going to Bangkok

Well I submitted a request form for my ticket to Bangkok - just waiting to hear back from the travel agent. I've decided to go and get Lasik done in Thailand. It is horribly expensive in Japan, and for the price of doing it in Canada, I can get it done in Bangkok and live like a queen for a week.

So now I need to decide where to stay while I am pampering myself. Why is choosing a hotel always such a huge deal for me? I swear, I stress to much over these things! The eye doctor (optomologist - guy who does the laser) said I could get on a plane to fly to Phuket two days after surgery, so guess where I'm going for the week between getting the surgery and my one week follow-up appointment. I already know where I'm going to stay - the same place Hiroshi and I stayed last time. Hopefully he'll be able to get some time off to join me down there.

But what to do about accommodations in Bangkok. I'm really dying to stay at The Peninsula but it is a bit pricey. It looks awesome though. And I can have afternoon tea like I did in Hong Kong (also at the Peninsula). The alternative is The Banyan Tree. The Banyan Tree is cheaper and has the whole suite thing, but The Peninsula has a tv in the bathroom... think bubble bath and a movie. Oh, decisions, decisions. The Peninsula is also top-rated and all rooms have a view of the Chao Praya river. Both of them seem to have different style than the typical hotel room - I definitely did not want that! Boring is out. (Why is it that pretty much all hotels have the same darn layout?)

No comments: