Friday, March 18, 2005

watched tv for first time in ages

Tonight I watched Gladiator on tv. This is amazing, because despite owning two tvs in an apartment that is only 40 sq. m, I never watch television. I'm addicted to web surfing and downloaded stuff. It is kind of nice to laze in bed and flick channels. Oh, the power of the remote control!

After Gladiator finished, I stumbled upon a news report on the Aichi World Expo (Aichi is about halfway down the main island on the east coast in case you were wondering). Today was press day - it doesn't open until the 25th to the general public. The theme is the environment (or something), but I think the real theme is robots. Tons of them. Buses that drive without drivers. Robot shows. Robot greeters. It is a geek paradise. I'm there I tell ya.... just need to figure out when the best time (i.e. fewest crowds) is to go.

No comments: